Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hello World.

So over beers a couple of weeks ago .......I got to talking with some neighbors in my 'hood about beer making. Back in the day, my Old Man and some of my friend's Pops used to make their own beer, lots of it. I grew up on it, lots of it. I have many fond memories (As do most of my old friends) of swilling swindled foggy home brew out of my parents basement, and guzzling 2L bottles of marginal suds before high school dances and bush parties in the former Bruce Pits.

It sparked the idea, and the bracieRSS was born.

Homebrew. Good enough for the POTUS, good enough for me.
Lower case 'bracier' - which is of course the Old French origin of the word Brasserie, which is in turn of course a common term used by pretentious local joints that should make and serve their own beer on site.

I figured I would go all old french up in here, and lower case ...to shave off some of that pretense. It also ends in r which slides nicely into RSS (Riverside South) my neighborhood here in Ottawa, Canada.

So there it is. bracieRSS. Founded. Kind of, for fun sakes any ways.
 
I'm going to try to document our foibles via this blog, Thanks for reading.

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment